For 23 years, Girls on the Run has stood by every girl. By participating in Girls on the Run programming, girls learn to raise the bar – to use their voices for positive and effective change, to become empowered leaders over their lives and in their communities; to simply become the best version of their already extraordinary selves. Girls on the Run of Coastal Georgia and Lowcountry will always inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident visionaries, changemakers and dream-chasers.
In recognition of Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day, Girls on the Run is launching the #Let’sTellHer campaign which celebrates women and girls and their contributions to the world. Girls on the Run encourages supporters and visitors to the #Let’sTellHer landing page, www.girlsontherun.org/letstellher. Visitors to the page will have the opportunity to sign-up to receive future communications including opportunities to get involved locally. The campaign will run from March 1 – March 15.
There are many opportunities to get involved locally with Girls on the Run Coastal Georgia and Lowcountry Council. The Council is always in need of volunteers, Coaches to work with the girls, and leaders from all walks of life. With a scholarship rate of over 70%, one of the highest in the population tier nationally, Girls on the Run Coastal Georgia and Lowcountry is always in need of funds to help girls who need financial assistance to participate.
The Council serves Chatham, Bryan, Bulloch, Liberty, Beaufort and Jasper Counties and is serving 632 girls during the current Spring 2019 Season. Many of these girls would not be in the program without help.
Interested parties who want to volunteer, serve on a committee, Coach, sponsor a girl, donate or find out more about the local Council, can go to the website,
Upcoming events to support Girls on the Run include:
- March 12 – Planet Fitness Grand Opening in Rincon – Fundraiser for Girls on the Run
- March 13 and March 27 – Fun Runs Hosted by Satchel – 15% discounts off of purchases and 15% of proceeds to go Girls on the Run. The distance is 2.92 miles and starts at Satchel on Liberty Street.
- March 28- March 31 – Web.com/Savannah Golf Championship. The PGA-qualifying event will be held at The Landings. Visit the website and click on the Girls on the Run logo to purchase tickets. Girls on the Run will keep 100% of the $10 ticket price.
- April 6 – Publix Women’s 5K & Half Marathon. Girls on the Run is an Official Charity. Special registration codes are available for people who wish to support Girls on the Run.
- May 4 – Girls on the Run 5K Celebration Run on Hutchison Island
- June & July – Camp GOTR: Girls Have Heart – Half-Day, Week-long Summer Camps scheduled throughout the Council’s service area.
Details about all of these activities and more are on the website,
Local major sponsors of Girls on the Run Coastal Georgia and Lowcountry are Sylvan Learning, CPPI of Georgia, Peach State Health Plan and Palmetto Financial.
Girls on the Run International was established in 1996 in Charlotte, North Carolina by Molly Barker. What started with 13 girls in one school has grown to over 200 councils in all 50 states.
With the help of 100,000 volunteers, Girls on the Run served 200,000 girls in 2016, including the millionth girl. Girls on the Run continues to grow and currently hosts more than 350 end-of-season 5K’s across the United States, making it the largest 5K series in the nation.
For more information, contact Maria Center, Executive Director, at
email@example.com or 912-349-1528. For more information on becoming a Coach or hosting a Girls on the Run program at your site, contact Tiffany Collins, Program Director, at