Team members from Kindred at Home Home Health Lowcountry branch will be canvassing the Beaufort and Jasper County area throughout August, distributing food collection bags and gathering donations for the Agape Family Life Center, one of many benefactors of Kindred at Home’s 14th Annual Food Drive.
Kindred at Home and Kindred Hospice employees across the country are placing the food collection bags at healthcare and other facilities in their respective communities and will collect their “harvest” during the entire month of August. They are focused on beating the tally from last year, when the company’s annual food drive yielded more than 300,000 meals for donation to food banks and charitable organizations across the country.
“Our caregivers often tap into community resources to best serve our patients and their families, so they know firsthand the demand for assistance placed upon food banks, pantries and other charitable organizations,” said Felicia Jamison-Cheeks, MSW, LMSW, Medical Social Worker for Kindred at Home Home Health. “Making sure that the most basic component of good health, food, is available for those in need is the right thing to do for a healthcare company like Kindred at Home and for the community as a whole.”
Kindred at Home Home Health’s local branch is collecting food for Agape Family Life Center in Hardeeville, SC to help support that organization’s work on behalf of individuals and families in the community unable to afford or access an adequate amount of food.
Kindred at Home Home Health provides in-home skilled nursing, physical, occupational and speech therapies and related services to residents of Beaufort and Jasper counties. Our local office at Westbury Park – Bluffton, SC is an affiliate of Kindred at Home, the nation’s largest provider of comprehensive home health and hospice services. While its local office is staffed by area professionals familiar with the health needs of community residents, Kindred at Home’s national scope allows it to bring substantial resources to its local offices that other companies often cannot provide.
Area residents, physicians and referral sources who want to learn more about Kindred at Home Home Health’s services may contact us at (843) 815.2549. The local office is located at 2 Westbury Park Way, Suite 102, Bluffton SC, 29910.
About Kindred at Home
Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is a leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services throughout the United States. Kindred at Home delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients through offerings that include skilled nursing; physical, occupational, speech and neurorehabilitation services; hospice services; social work; nutrition; disease management education; help with daily living activities; and other therapies and services. For more information, visit www.kindredathome.com.
- Approximately one out of every eight households in the United States is “food insecure,” meaning it lacks access or resources to provide enough food at all times to every member of the household. (USDA)
- Over 20 million children receive free or reduced-price lunch each school day. (USDA)
- One in seven people are enrolled in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Nearly half of them are children. (USDA)
- In the U.S., hunger isn’t caused by a lack of food, but rather the continued prevalence of poverty. (International Food Policy Institute)
- Since the Kindred at Home food drives began in 2005, its team members have collected more than 3.18 million pounds (1,590 tons) of food for local food banks and other charitable organizations in communities across the country.